*Junior candidates with strong, relative internship experience encouraged to apply. Must be a self-starter with a hunger to learn and apply learnings rapidly.
Do you accept the challenge of learning about complex topics and creating compelling, digestible content that will engage and convert our client’s audiences into new leads? Can you do the same to nurture them through the consideration phase of their buying journey turning them into customers? Are you detail-oriented, wildly curious, passionate about learning, creative and analytical? Then this just may be your dream job!
At Mojo, The Content Writer is responsible for both contributing to the content strategy with the Digital Marketing Specialists’ mentorship, as well as for creating jaw-dropping, can't-stop-reading, must-click, must convert content for our clients.
- Should possess some experience in developing content offers, supporting blogs, and more for all stages of the buyers’ journey as detailed below:
- Must be able to produce quality work under strict deadlines, sometimes in high volume, and be able to context switch between multiple writing styles, voices, and subjects
- Must exhibit strong research/interviewing skills that help you to quickly assimilate new or complex information into digestible, structured assets
- Posses the passion for writing B2B content for complex industries and service offerings
- Possess the ability to write with spirit and gumption, producing remarkable content designed to attract and convert website visitors to leads.
- Asset types will include emails, blogs, compelling CTAs, infographics, e-books, whitepapers, industry articles, press releases, website copy, copy for conversion path landing and thank you pages, and more
- Impeccable grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Great editor, able to fix issues with structure, story, and theme in addition to spotting spelling and grammar mistakes
- Ability to develop optimized, relevant and valuable content and set/meet project deadlines
- Understanding of personas, persona creation and how to write compelling brand messaging to appeal to the pains and needs of personas and ideal customers
- Understand how to integrate and optimize content for keywords/SEO and basic understanding of the on-page SEO best practices (meta descriptions, header alt. sequences, etc.)
- Ability and knowledge of utilizing tools for keyword research
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLSET
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Highly organized - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Detailed oriented - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Skilled writer - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Ability to interview and pull out content from SME's
- Effective researcher - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data;
- Ability to manage competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Move quickly from one client to the next while keeping writing quality high
Experience with the following tools is a bonus: Google Suite, Teamwork, HubSpot, Moz, SEMRush, Grammarly, Google Keyword Researcher