Client Success Manager
The Client Success Manager (CSM) is a critical role at Mojo Media Labs. They are the main point of contact and strategic liaison with the agency’s clients and works with the clients and their internal teams to create success within their inbound marketing, account-based marketing, and sales enablement programs. This person should have strong skills in effective account & relationship management, developing strategic marketing plans, as well as have knowledge of inbound, digital and account-based marketing as well as sales strategies. The Client Success Manager will be responsible for day-to-day management of an assigned group of client accounts in which they'll be planning & articulating the value of the strategy and campaigns being implemented. The CSM will understand the client's needs & priorities and champion those needs internally. They will serve as the "Product Owner" in Scrum, which means they'll define & set the strategic priorities for each client and confirm that the work done by the delivery team meets the requirements for the client. The CSM will build strong relationships by delivering on promises and keeping an open & honest relationship with their accounts’ day-to-day contacts.
Performance will be measured on the following Key Performance Indicators that the Client Success Manager is Accountable for:
Campaign Performance: Meeting or exceeding campaign goals as defined within campaign briefs
- Results Runways: Meeting or exceeding key objectives set for all accounts via the Results Runway, and ensuring campaign goals align to top opportunities by client up to the MQL stage of the sales pipeline
- Account Profitability: Continue to analyze profitability for each assigned account by understanding their monthly or project-based revenue and how that should convert to time spent on the account; working with our project manager, properly level set expectations with client contacts and properly manage the team’s time spent on top priorities
- Client Retention & Growth: Seeking opportunities to increase revenue by listening for/ identifying said opportunities as well as drafting and securing approval of scope for project-based work. As well the CSM will be responsible for client retention and overall growth.
- Client Satisfaction & Success: Have a realistic, and consistent pulse on agency/client relationship and continually identify risks/opportunities. When Mojo measures client satisfaction on a quarterly basis, ensure your day-to-day contacts are in the database, and aim for a 9-10 Net Promoter Score from those contacts.
Attributes and Skills: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- 2-5 years in Account Management, preferably in an agency setting
- 1-5 years’ experience in online/digital marketing
- Highly organized - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Detailed oriented - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Highly collaborative team leader - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Strategic/Holistic Thinker - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Avid learner and researcher relating to Inbound/Digital best practices
- Excellent problem solver - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner or escalates them when appropriate; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.