Your Customer Has 99 Problems, But Just Pick 1
Does your brand directly address your customer’s problems?
Companies don’t talk about customer problems enough.3 Layers of "The Main Problem" your customer faces as it relates to your product.
- External - surface-level problem your customer faces, what do you want to be known for solving?
- Internal - how it makes your customer feel, related to the external problem
- Philosophical - why did you start the business? Why is [internal problem] just plain wrong?
- Narrow down the problem, don’t focus on too many problems or vague problems
- Don’t talk about Needs (“You need my product”) .. get specific about the problems they’re facing, the thing that drives the need for your solution.