Collaboration Lessons from Disney's Story Trust
We explore lessons from Disney's Story Trust, like their collaboration and feedback process, the journey to craft the perfect story, ways you can apply them with your team and more.
Disney's Story Trust
What is Disney's Story Trust?
“Similar to what Disney already does with their other animated films, the story trust is a group of people whose central job is to ensure the story of a film and all the elements that make it up feel authentic and emotional”
- Frozen 2 - examples of choosing scenes
- Moana’s Oceanic Story Trust
- How Story Trust changed Big Hero 6, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph
- The importance of telling a clear story, having a clear message. It’s hard!
- Different kinds of user testing and feedback
- Never settling
- Creative brainstorming and problem solving with structure
- Discovery and exploration
- Clear vision and direction
Nuggets of Joy
- Steph remembers her family's 400-disc CD changer/player
- Allison recommends The Baby-Sitters Club on Netflix