What Is Conversational Marketing? With Drift
We have special guests from Drift today to help us understand all the Conversational Marketing, from chatbots to conversational landing pages and more.
We welcomed our friends from Drift to talk about Conversational Marketing on the podcast.
Welcome, Seamus McGrath and Bailey Best! Allison and Steph ask them all the questions and have a great ... wait for it ... conversation.
ARE CHATBOTS TAKING THE PLACE OF TRADITIONAL FORMS?
We read this on the Drift Blog>> 74% of marketers still rely on forms as their primary lead gen strategy. Forms don’t start a conversation; they’re a barrier to entry. Relationship selling and “helping over selling” are the new norm, so why are gated content and form submissions still the primary lead gen modes?
LET’S TALK CONVERSATIONAL CONTENT:
According to a study by the Content Marketing Institute, 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing to attract business to their website. But the average website conversion rate with forms is just 2%, so that means we’re spending a ton of time of content that doesn’t convert. What is Conversational Content and how does it address this problem?
WE TRIED OUT DRIFT VIDEO THIS WEEK. LOVE IT.
- Be real, authentic
- It doesn’t have to be super polished
- Just do it! Use video in your email
- Really effective for salespeople
- Drift Video (free!) or use another platform
SHARE YOUR BEST TIPS FOR GETTING STARTED WITH LIVE CHAT
- Start simple, don’t overcomplicate it
- Keep a conversational tone and have fun
- Realize you’ll get better quality leads because you’ll engage people who are already on your site, looking at your content and they want to ask you questions in real time. Why wouldn’t you want to talk to those people?
- They like to use the spearfishing analogy: catching the fish closest to the boat, rather than casting a long line or wide net.